ART™ Alignment Riding Therapy - natural horse training.
- Want to straighten yourself and your horse equally together - forever?
- Want simple, logical, horse + rider straightness training, that makes biomechanical sense?
- Want to ride comfortably and keep your partnership sound and happy?
- Want to allow your horse's movement to flow throughout your body fully?
ART™ starts by unlocking one-sidedness - the root cause of crookedness - in both horse + rider at its very core.
In this video Joni uncovers a major blind spot in horse training that - if left untreated - deteriorates your horse's movement.
For so many riders who are told to sit up and still the above video content must seem very strange and wrong. For you I have included a Youtube video showing a lesson given by Bent Branderup. In this clip notice how the rider moves her seat naturally - without tension - from side to side to control the swing and levelness of the horse's barrel as described in my video above.
Art works from the inside-out.
- Your body - just like every other human body - has its own idiosyncrasies. Your bones are put together in your unique way; your tendons, muscles, and ligaments all connect and work in ways that are specifically yours; likewise, the same goes for your horse.
- Right or left-handedness - in riding partnerships - spread misalignments throughout both bodies over the course of years. It can’t be voluntarily switched off or relaxed. And it is the major cause of problems in horsemanship. More here.
- Just as we are right or left-handed, so are horses and all the above relates to them. More here.
- Trying to fix your body into an, "ideal" position always fails, because when you start mucking out, driving or generally living, your one-sidedness knocks your, "ideal" position out of shape.
- Your horse suffers the same malady which makes it impossible for you to sit straight. More here.
- You actually increase crookedness by trying to build an ideal position on a wonky foundation, giving yourself and your horse a double dose. More here
- If a horse has soundness issues but the vet says you can go ahead and ride, usually the problem is your riding style. That is why treating the horse separately from you, doesn’t work. The rider has to learn how to counterbalance their own plus their horse’s one-sidedness whilst riding. More here.
- You can only dissolve spinal twists - which are the root cause of our one-sidedness – from the inside out!
- Trying to manipulate your own and your horse's body into, “looking the part,” only builds more layers of crookedness on top of your already wonky foundation.
- ART™ begins with the simple fact that horses + riders – like everything living – are naturally crooked to some degree.
- No matter how highly you have both been trained, right or left handedness will pull you both out of shape as you go about everyday life. More here.
- ART schools the rider -as they school their horse. That means you are both being trained EQUALLY together during riding.
How Andy progressed using ART™ within six months.
“ART is so easy and different to any horse training I have ever come across and I believe it will revolutionise horse training in the future. It has resolved so many issues and horse training problems for me in an uncanny “magic wand” kind of way. Joni Bentley's horse training, gives the most careful consideration to all the different factors involved in crookedness. It then shows you through unique exercises how, by “unfixing” rather than “fixing," crookedness gradually crystallizes out more and more, up to a point where it dissolves and solves itself.